This page provides information for current U of T students considering a linguistics program or prospective U of T undergrads who are interested in linguistics.
The Linguistics Department at the U of T offers specialist, major and minor programs in linguistics. Some other departments also offers programs or courses related to linguistics. SLUGS only represents students in the Linguistics Department courses (LIN/JAL/JLP/JLS) and/or programs in St. George Campus.
Linguistics Department Links
Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS) Links
*Some courses on the Academic Calendar are not offered every year.
Departments of Language Studies in Other Campuses
Some of the LIN-coded courses in these two departments could be used to fulfill the program requirements of UTSG linguistics students. The linguistics students in these campus are represented by their own course unions:
Other FAS Departments
- The Department of Anthropology offers programs in Society, Culture and Language.
- The Department of Computer Science offers a disciplinary Focus in Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing for students who are enrolled in the Specialist of Computer Science.
- The Department of French offers programs in French Linguistics.
- The Department of Statistical Science offers disciplinary Focuses in Psycholinguistics and Sociolinguistics for students who are enrolled in the Specialist of Statistical Science: Methods and Practice.
- Depend on your interests, you might also be interested in studies in Indigenous Studies, Philosophy, Psychology, English and Beyond. Here is the full list of the academic units in FAS.